Pages

Introduction

Hello and Good Day Everybody !
I am a new teacher in the school named Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Datuk Bendahara. This school is situated in Jasin, Melaka.
I am accepted to be one of the Guru Sandaran Terlatih (GST) here. There are 10 of us, my batch joined the schools in 27th June 2011.
In this blog, I share with you my experience and great things that are happening to me in the school.
There are also notes and things for good English class usages, so feel free to browse them whenever there are gaps between classes.
My mentor here is Hajjah Zaorah and she has been guiding me to be a better English teacher.
Thank you !
.
In this blog, I have uploaded
Literature lesson plans for form 4 and 5
working papers, reports after programmes, yearly uniform body reports, weekly reports, sponsorship letters, sample of memos and thank you notes, short stories and others.



Happy teaching, teachers !
Here is a good link to English Materials:

http://www.ppdjasin.edu.my/unitakademik/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54

Pengikutku, Sila jadi pengikut untuk blogs saya !

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pay attention !

Pay attention !

Hey I got an idea where I test my students’ attention once in a while, to see whether they are paying attention or otherwise.
The normal way is to test them on what you have delivered. It means we test their understanding on what they have heard.
My way is quite simple, when I see a few of my students in class were doing something else, in front of others who are paying attention, I would open my right hand and show them, holding a small piece of chalk with my left hand finger, I put it on my right palm, and close my right hand into a fist.

Then I ask them, what is in my hand?  To a student who pays attention to me all the time , this will be a silly question, but to a student who is not looking at me while I talk this question is very baffling.

When they just could not answer,  they are going to look awkward in front of 24 students.
Then I ask others who are paying undivided attention to me, “What is in my hand?” The answer is chalk.
Then you ask him/her, why did you get it wrong? The answer is you don’t pay attention to the class.
And you can add a few more harsh sentences afterwards.
Then you continue with the class.
After that, there is a clear message drawn, You pay attention to the lesson, and I pay attention to you.
If you don’t I am still going to pay attention to you after all.

No comments :

Post a Comment