Pages

Introduction

Hello and Good Day Everybody !
I am a new teacher in the school named Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Datuk Bendahara. This school is situated in Jasin, Melaka.
I am accepted to be one of the Guru Sandaran Terlatih (GST) here. There are 10 of us, my batch joined the schools in 27th June 2011.
In this blog, I share with you my experience and great things that are happening to me in the school.
There are also notes and things for good English class usages, so feel free to browse them whenever there are gaps between classes.
My mentor here is Hajjah Zaorah and she has been guiding me to be a better English teacher.
Thank you !
.
In this blog, I have uploaded
Literature lesson plans for form 4 and 5
working papers, reports after programmes, yearly uniform body reports, weekly reports, sponsorship letters, sample of memos and thank you notes, short stories and others.



Happy teaching, teachers !
Here is a good link to English Materials:

http://www.ppdjasin.edu.my/unitakademik/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54

Pengikutku, Sila jadi pengikut untuk blogs saya !

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Adjectives of Quantity


Adjectives of Quantity.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
57
58
59
60




Choose the correct words.1. She has only (a few, a little) nuts to feed the monkeys.1. She has only a few nuts to feed the monkeys.2. I don't like answering so (much, many) stupid questions.2. I don't like answering so many stupid questions.3. The stray dog has (little, few) food to eat.3. The stray dog has little food to eat.4. (Few, Some) of the students had any knowledge of classical music.4. Few of the students had any knowledge of classical music.5. We need (many, much) ice cubes for these drinks.5. We need many ice cubes for these drinks.6. Anybody would be happy to get (a few, some) money. 7. Which of the (some, two) roads lead to the station? 8. There are (several, little) big cows on the small farm. He bought (much, many) meat from the butcher. We didn't buy (any, many) vegetables from the market. Pick the correct words in the brackets.1. My mother is as (strong, stronger, strongest) as her mother.2. Not everyone agrees she is (pretty, prettier, prettiest) than her sister. None of us can be (tall, taller, tallest) than a giraffe.4. That pond is the (shallow, shallower, shallowest) in this area.5. That has to be the (interesting, more interesting, most interesting) film I have seen.6. Of the two paths, this is (short, shorter, shortest) to get there.7. This clown is not as (funny, funnier, funniest) as the other one.8. He is easily the (bad, worse, worst) player in the team.9. The second half of the play was (little, less, the least) exciting.What is (far, farther, the farthest) distance you have ever run? Choose the appropriate words to complete the sentences.1. I am (disappointing/disappointed) in you.1. I am disappointed in you.2. Are you (interesting/interested) in football? What (attracting/attracted) me most to the job was the chance to travel.. The tennis match was quite (exciting/excited). I enjoyed it. It's sometimes (embarrassing/embarrassed) when you have to ask people for money.6. Do you easily get (embarrassing/embarrassed)?7. I had never expected to get the job. I was really (amazing/amazed) when I was offered it.8. She has really learnt very fast. She has made (astonishing/astonished) progress.. She has really learnt very fast. She has made astonishing progress.9. I didn't find the situation funny. I was not (amusing/amused).10. It was a really (terrifying/terrified) experience. Afterwards everybody was very (shocking/shocked).11. Why do you always look so (boring/bored)? Is your life really so (boring/bored)?12. He's one of the most (boring/bored) people I've ever met. He never stops talking and he never says anything (interesting/interested).Complete the sentences using one of the following words:amusing/amused; annoying/annoyed; boring/bored; confusing/confused; disgusting/disgusted; exciting/excited; exhausting/exhausted; interesting/interested; surprising/surprised.13. He works very hard. It's not _____ that he's always tired.14. I've got nothing to do. I'm _____.15. The teacher's explanation was _____. Most of the students didn't understand it.16. The kitchen hadn't been cleaned for ages. It was really _____.17. I seldom visit art galleries. I'm not particularly _____ in art.18. There's no need to get _____ just because I'm a few minutes late.19. The lecture was _____. I fell asleep.20. I asked Emily if she wanted to come out with us but she wasn't _____.21. I've been working very hard all day and now I'm _____.22. I'm starting a new job next week. I'm quite _____ about it. Tom is very good at telling funny stories. He can be very _____.24. Liz is a very _____ person. She knows a lot, she's traveled a lot and she's done lots of different things.Fill in the blanks with the following adjectives, each of which is to be used only once: little; wild; dark; angry; eight; muddy; honest; heavy; clumsy; much; proud; skinny; brave; narrow; blind.1. My mother is _____ as a peacock of our new house.2. I cannot lift this _____ metal box.3. That _____ boy knocked down the vase again.4. The thin beggar raised his _____ hand.5. The _____ soldier was awarded a medal.. Cars are too big to use this _____ path.. Cars are too big to use this narrow path.. Tigers are _____ animals.8. He is poor. He hasn't _____ money.9. He is an _____ man. You can trust him.10. They helped the _____ man cross the road.11. Look at the _____ sky. It is going to rain.12. They have broken the window. Their father is very _____ with them.13. There are _____ pints in a gallon.14. We have to take off our shoes. This path is _____.15. There is only a_____ water left in the bottle. Preposition used after an adjective. Put in the missing words: 16. Is he fond _____ tea? 17. She is anxious _____ start.18. I was angry _____ him.19. He was pleased _____ us.20. She is keen _____ hockey.21. He is interested _____ flying.22. She is envious _____ them.23. That was foolish _____ you. 24. It was expensive _____ buy.25. Is he worried _____ them?26. She was afraid _____ it.27. I was terrified _____ it.28. She was annoyed _____ us.29. He is sure _____ agree.


No comments :

Post a Comment