FIRST SEMESTER 2011/ 2012
MATRIK NO. :
SUBJECT :GRAMMAR SKILLS
SUBJECT CODE : BBI 2410
DATE : 9/2/11
TIME : 1 HOUR
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
1) This paper consists of three (3) printed pages including the front page.
2) There are two (2) parts – part A and B.
Answer ALL PARTS in this question paper.
Candidates are not allowed to cheat.
3) This paper consists of 20 marks ( 10%)
DO NOT OPEN THIS PAPER UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD TO DO SO
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of verb.
- He _______ (plant) herbs at the herbarium.
- The cats _____(rest) at Hall 2 at the moment.
- We ______(plough) the land now.
- Mr Baharin _______(trim) the bushes just now.
- The boys ________(walk) to the bus stop everyday
- Mr Hairi _______(teach) Business English.
- I _______(prune) the trees now.
- Now, the girls _______(carry) seeds to the land.
- Two days ago, the gardeners _______(work) to beautify the main entrance.
- Yesterday, the college’s head _______(ride) a bicycle to the seeding ground.
Fill in the blanks with the correct verb to be
- Ann (is/are) a girl
- She (is/are) hungry
- Those flowers (is/are) red
- The plant (is/are) edible
- We (is/are) in the herbarium
- The red tree (is/are) a parasite
- You (is/are) in the green house
- The gate (is/are) green in colour
- They (is/are) Chee Seng’s friend
- The pond (is/are) the breeding place for catfish.