Pages

Introduction

Hello and Good Day Everybody !
I am a new teacher in the school named Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Datuk Bendahara. This school is situated in Jasin, Melaka.
I am accepted to be one of the Guru Sandaran Terlatih (GST) here. There are 10 of us, my batch joined the schools in 27th June 2011.
In this blog, I share with you my experience and great things that are happening to me in the school.
There are also notes and things for good English class usages, so feel free to browse them whenever there are gaps between classes.
My mentor here is Hajjah Zaorah and she has been guiding me to be a better English teacher.
Thank you !
.
In this blog, I have uploaded
Literature lesson plans for form 4 and 5
working papers, reports after programmes, yearly uniform body reports, weekly reports, sponsorship letters, sample of memos and thank you notes, short stories and others.



Happy teaching, teachers !
Here is a good link to English Materials:

http://www.ppdjasin.edu.my/unitakademik/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54

Pengikutku, Sila jadi pengikut untuk blogs saya !

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Teacher journal


It has been more than one month since I first stepped into SMK Datuk Bendahara. The social setting is encouraging, I have multiracial colleagues and I see more male colleagues who teach English.



Here, I have collected a few guidelines for us teachers on how to start a class. Back when I was in the teacher college, showing a realia at the start of the class will attract their attention. For me, drawing a weird object on the black board attracts their attention. When I ask them “What is this I am drawing ?”, they will come out with a few answers. Of course what I draw still relates to the lesson. Here I am going to share a few things I learnt on ..
How I start a class
I will walk five steps into the class, face them and wait for them to greet me. When they stand up and greet me, I stand still and look around. There are students who do not greet me. They are busy with their books and homework.
Before they sit down, I allow two minutes to groom their uniforms, before I check on their uniforms. Usually it’s going to be about their neckties.
Then, I write a few words, one by one, and ask them how to pronounce the words. Words such as egg, question, plumber and numbers such as three and five are words I use to make them start talking.
Then, before asking them to sit down, tell them what to do, like take out papers and pens, books and exercise books. Don’t let them sit first and then wait for your instructions. It’s going to be noisy and you are going to speak out louder to beat the noises.
When they are busy taking out their things, I will take the time to put my things on the teacher’s table.


I will find many ways to make the start of the class entertaining, and they will learn to behave and pronounce English words as well. Happy teaching !

No comments :

Post a Comment