Pages

Introduction

Hello and Good Day Everybody !
I am a new teacher in the school named Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Datuk Bendahara. This school is situated in Jasin, Melaka.
I am accepted to be one of the Guru Sandaran Terlatih (GST) here. There are 10 of us, my batch joined the schools in 27th June 2011.
In this blog, I share with you my experience and great things that are happening to me in the school.
There are also notes and things for good English class usages, so feel free to browse them whenever there are gaps between classes.
My mentor here is Hajjah Zaorah and she has been guiding me to be a better English teacher.
Thank you !
.
In this blog, I have uploaded
Literature lesson plans for form 4 and 5
working papers, reports after programmes, yearly uniform body reports, weekly reports, sponsorship letters, sample of memos and thank you notes, short stories and others.



Happy teaching, teachers !
Here is a good link to English Materials:

http://www.ppdjasin.edu.my/unitakademik/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54

Pengikutku, Sila jadi pengikut untuk blogs saya !

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Teaching Journal 2


I am given the opportunity to handle a Remove class. I have been in the class before for 3 periods, and luckily the class control is still there, I had to start training them to behave, and the moment I step into the class, I already bare my teeth, but not to the girls, they behave and follow the orders. It’s just that the boys and girls do not mix, it’s like they don’t socialize together. It’s going to be difficult if I do groupwork, and they don’t communicate well or they feel shy to show their talent or their happiness in doing my task. I hope I can make this class a case study, to teach all of them or a few of them on English grammar.The action research does not necessarily focused on thirty students, it can be five students. I hope it will be done, and it is achievable. In the meantime I need to run a few set of questions, look at their exercise books and talk to them.

I have the Remove class, and this will be a very new experience for me. I have ever taught a remove class before. I have replaced absent teachers and when I read the comments in the class report book, it was like all teachers had a bad experience. One went like, the class was very noisy, or names of rude students and all. I mean, before doing anything in the class, the green book is what I am looking for. I look for names of naughty students. For me, after reading the book, usually I will call one well- behaved student, and ask him/her how are the boys and girls in the class.
Somehow I am grateful because if I am a lady teacher it’s going to make my class control pushed into the drain outside. To conduct a class, look at the teacher first. After getting many tips (thank you, senior teachers) I have to be firm and mean business. If you are not firm, pretend. Somehow I like to replace teachers in 1G class. This is because I like to try out my methods. Without any work given in class, will they behave and find their own work, or can they chat quietly and not stand up at all. My method is quite vicious, but it’s not hurting. Being a non-conformist (sorry, I just coined that word for a GSTT teacher) the school won’t back me up if a kid is hurt, I try a different approach. For every offense done, they will have to take off one shoe and place it outside. The second offense, it means the other shoe will wait outside. They will imagine something else if they keep on doing any offenses, but I don’t go that far actually.

No comments :

Post a Comment