Pages

Introduction

Hello and Good Day Everybody !
I am a new teacher in the school named Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Datuk Bendahara. This school is situated in Jasin, Melaka.
I am accepted to be one of the Guru Sandaran Terlatih (GST) here. There are 10 of us, my batch joined the schools in 27th June 2011.
In this blog, I share with you my experience and great things that are happening to me in the school.
There are also notes and things for good English class usages, so feel free to browse them whenever there are gaps between classes.
My mentor here is Hajjah Zaorah and she has been guiding me to be a better English teacher.
Thank you !
.
In this blog, I have uploaded
Literature lesson plans for form 4 and 5
working papers, reports after programmes, yearly uniform body reports, weekly reports, sponsorship letters, sample of memos and thank you notes, short stories and others.



Happy teaching, teachers !
Here is a good link to English Materials:

http://www.ppdjasin.edu.my/unitakademik/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54

Pengikutku, Sila jadi pengikut untuk blogs saya !

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Teaching journal- Getting to know your school

Teaching journal- Getting to know your school
18th – 24th July 2011-07-28

I just discovered that the school I am residing now previously was named Jasin Secondary English School. The short form is JSES, pronounced like Jesus. How great it was when we had an English school. All this while people are so proud of Science Schools, and now we don’t have a government English school.

It was named as Sekolah Menengah Inggeris Jasin. Neither was it a science school, elite school like Sekolah Tuanku Jaafar, a religious school nor a missionary school like a convent. It had once been a school for all races and used English as the medium. The spirit of 1 Malaysia had been present and available in JSES and until now it is still in their spirits when the ex students meet.
They had the A Famosa gate, it looked like the Melaka High School badge, because that school used the Famosa gate as the trademark.
Before this I have once wandered into the Sekolah Kebangsaan Ayer Baruk and I saw old photographs of English school teachers lining up in front of the old building down there. This school went a long way down in Jasin history. This school was the foundation of civilisation. This school was the start of this all. The name was there in the Education Museum in Melaka town. I bet the old folks here speak fluent English than young yuppies do.
Imagine learning Science and Maths subjects in English and nobody complained about it. Malay Chinese and Indian children talking in English.
The first batch must have been 60 years old, and they speak English fluently, but I think it has gone rusty without practise.
The walls of the first phase buildings had once heard only English being spoken.
I’ll try to conduct better English lessons.
I think I just fell in love with this school.

No comments :

Post a Comment