Pages

Introduction

Hello and Good Day Everybody !
I am a new teacher in the school named Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Datuk Bendahara. This school is situated in Jasin, Melaka.
I am accepted to be one of the Guru Sandaran Terlatih (GST) here. There are 10 of us, my batch joined the schools in 27th June 2011.
In this blog, I share with you my experience and great things that are happening to me in the school.
There are also notes and things for good English class usages, so feel free to browse them whenever there are gaps between classes.
My mentor here is Hajjah Zaorah and she has been guiding me to be a better English teacher.
Thank you !
.
In this blog, I have uploaded
Literature lesson plans for form 4 and 5
working papers, reports after programmes, yearly uniform body reports, weekly reports, sponsorship letters, sample of memos and thank you notes, short stories and others.



Happy teaching, teachers !
Here is a good link to English Materials:

http://www.ppdjasin.edu.my/unitakademik/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54

Pengikutku, Sila jadi pengikut untuk blogs saya !

Monday, August 15, 2011

Opportunities are around !


12TH August 2011

I have many opportunities to develop myself here. There are lots of time and there are many people who are willing to help out. I can comfortable ask for their assistance, there is no quarrelling, dissatisfactions , life is so calm and peaceful here. There is positive environment in the office. So far I have not heard any backbiting at the canteen and staffroom, they just talk about students. At my old workplace, everybody backbites, even the ustaz does it. I think it is because of the work pressure, where everybody expects to be perfect, what you say, act and think. They want to be or look better than others. People quarrel in meetings and so outspoken that you lose respect to the seniors. We know their bad stories. People quarrel because of papers, paper jam, rubbish and because of other peoples’ faults.
People can hurt other people feelings point blank and feels good about it. That does not exist here- I think it’s because Malays are like that, they backbite until they can’t see their mistakes anymore. When a student does a mistake, the teacher will be roasted beef. It is because every minute and place there is somebody taking care of it. When it’s class time, the teacher is in charge. When it off class, the warden is taking care of them. That is when you feel you are have no clothes on. It feels like that, you feel very embarrassed when you are scolded in front of others, it’s like being naked in front of people. You lose your dignity and self respect. When you have a table in the department, you just have to follow the norms, otherwise if you don’t backbite then somebody will say you are straight as a ruler, and they are going to back bite you and you don’t know about it.
At my new workplace, these situations do not exist.

No comments :

Post a Comment