Pages

Introduction

Hello and Good Day Everybody !
I am a new teacher in the school named Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Datuk Bendahara. This school is situated in Jasin, Melaka.
I am accepted to be one of the Guru Sandaran Terlatih (GST) here. There are 10 of us, my batch joined the schools in 27th June 2011.
In this blog, I share with you my experience and great things that are happening to me in the school.
There are also notes and things for good English class usages, so feel free to browse them whenever there are gaps between classes.
My mentor here is Hajjah Zaorah and she has been guiding me to be a better English teacher.
Thank you !
.
In this blog, I have uploaded
Literature lesson plans for form 4 and 5
working papers, reports after programmes, yearly uniform body reports, weekly reports, sponsorship letters, sample of memos and thank you notes, short stories and others.



Happy teaching, teachers !
Here is a good link to English Materials:

http://www.ppdjasin.edu.my/unitakademik/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54

Pengikutku, Sila jadi pengikut untuk blogs saya !

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Reflection on Teaching


My Reflection on Teaching

My critical event in teaching situation is students do not have fun when learning English. I think it happened because all the classes that I went in were first classes. I am a relief teacher for classes when teachers are not around on that day, but I still teach the students some basic grammar. I see when it affects my teaching because the students feel bored ,because they just follow what I teach, I want them to have fun, especially when it was the 10th period, when everybody was tired and wanted to go home. Since it was a first class, I do not know them, and having fun in the first class has the risk where you have an easy personality. My alternative was to give it some fun when the class was about to end, where I will call a few students and they gave their answers. 
My other reflection is I need to stay sincere and honest to all the classes that I teach. The only thing that makes me teach is honesty, and that will keep me going up and forward. For the time being, thank God I am not biased, I do not practise favouritism with my students and I keep a clean self every day. Sometimes naivety will pull some trouble, and being a new comer here I understand to keep away from trouble before t starts, close all the fine holes for trouble, and maintain it. Naivety means not knowing on something the customs here, the rules that are unofficial, not written, but it’s there to be followed voluntarily. For example, where not to park your bike and others.
I also need to show the firmness, it’s the statement of a guy that needs to be shown. It’s a male guy that makes him different from others, and that is seen from the eyes of my peers. My peers are my mirror, where they show me what have I shown to them. It’s what I need to have, to have my reflection from them. They are my mirror and I accept what reflection I hear from them. It is the first step to accept your self as you are, and then I am able to improve the weaknesses.

No comments :

Post a Comment